This street was created in 1928 as part of the Golfcrest addition, named for the adjacent Jackson Park golf course that had opened earlier that year. Other named streets in the subdivision included Golfcrest Drive, Fairway Place, Bogey Place, and Tee Place. None of these streets exist any longer — Lakeside School moved to the neighborhood in 1930 and had the north portion of the plat vacated for its new campus, and the construction of Interstate 5 took out Golfcrest Drive in the mid 1960s.
Par Place NE begins at NE 139th Street and goes ⅕ of a mile north to NE 140th Street, at the south end of the Lakeside campus.
Born and raised in Seattle, Benjamin Donguk Lukoff had his interest in local history kindled at the age of six, when his father bought him settler granddaughter Sophie Frye Bass’s Pig-Tail Days in Old Seattle at the gift shop of the Museum of History and Industry. He studied English, Russian, and linguistics at the University of Washington, and went on to earn his master’s in English linguistics from University College London. His book of rephotography, Seattle Then and Now, was published in 2010. An updated version came out in 2015.